EVENT DETAILS / SCHEDULE
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Please make sure to arrange YOUR OWN TAKE-OUT SHUTTLE VEHICLE. We recommend carpooling as parking is limited. Parking is free at each of the parks for volunteers – vouchers will be distributed.
GOOGLE MAP – shows exact location of all Check-In/Put-In spots at each park, parking and where the BBQ takes place.
Milo McIver State Park (lower boat ramp) – 24101 S Entrance Rd, Estacada, OR
Barton County Park – 19009 S Barton Park Rd, Boring, OR
Carver Park – 14888 S Springwater Rd, Oregon City, OR
Riverside Park – 17298 SE Water Ave, Clackamas, OR
Clackamette Park- 1955 Clackamette Dr, Oregon City, OR
THE DAY’S SCHEDULE:
– Registration volunteers & Beach Captains arrive at park sites; set up
– Safety Kayak Captains arrive at park sites & begin assisting boater volunteers while putting-in river
7:30 – 9:30AM
– Rolling check-in for ALL Volunteers (go straight to park sites: McIver, Barton, Carver, or Riverside)
– Registration located by boat ramps (McIver is at lower ramp); here you sign waivers, get free BBQ ticket, trash bags, read safety info & begin cleaning up; put in by 9:30AM!
-Safety Captains put in to roam sections
-AMR techs begin sweep of each section
– Sorter Captains/Assistants arrive at park sites: Barton, Carver, Riverside, Clackamette; set up sorting stations by dumpsters
– On-river volunteers takeout; haul/sort trash at dumpsters
– All boaters must be off river at 3:00PM
– BBQ at Barton Park, Picnic Area #1
VOLUNTEER & PRE-REGISTRATION:
Safety is of our utmost concern. We work hard to provide you with helpful info, safety volunteers, and professional medical response services during the day of the event, however this information is advisory only. There is an inherent risk in boating on a river and cleaning up debris, and you assume all risks.
On river volunteers must absolutely be a confident class II+ boater and be equipped with your own boat, paddle(s), life vest, whistle, helmet, and cellphone. Garbage scows/driftboats will be on each section of the river to help haul your collected trash out (bags will be provided for collection).
– All volunteers MUST wear a life vest on river!
– Volunteer Safety Kayak Captains will be located at each park site in the AM & will roam river to provide assistance until 3:00PM.
– American Medical Response (AMR) will be on site all day.
– In the event of an emergency, dial 911. The on-site AMR will be dispatched directly when 911 is called.
– We also recommend bringing GLOVES, sunscreen, sunglasses, a light rain jacket, a warm layer, hat, fast-drying/wicking clothes, adequate river shoes, a dry bag and a first aid kit.
Please eat a hearty breakfast, bring lots of snacks and a water bottle! An amazing BBQ will be provided for FREE for volunteers. See schedule above.
Restrooms are available at all 5 parks. We recommend that you use one before you head down the river!